Tuesday, November 4, 2008

VIRGINIA TURNOUT: Update from VOP

Here's a report from Harold Folley Jr., an Organizer with the Virginia Organizing Project

Even though I cannot vote here in Virginia (until the Governor restores
my voting rights), I spent the day giving people rides to the polls. It
was inspiring to hear the stories of the individuals who I drove to the
polls. It encouraged me to continue to fight for my right -- and the
rights of others -- to get to vote. It was sad to be reminded of all
the disenfranchised people in the state. We have to fight for changes
in Virginia to make sure EVERYONE can vote.

But I'm as optimistic as ever. There is so much energy today!

One woman in her '50s, voting for the first time, was so impressed with
how easy it was to vote. She promised she will be a regular voter now!

No comments: