Wednesday, November 5, 2008

MASSACHUSETTS: Ricardo From the Alliance To Develop Power About His First Time Voting

Check out this video by the Alliance to Develop Power (ADP):



Translation:

Camera Person: "What is your name?"

My name is Ricardo Alfaro Serna. I have been living in the United States for 35 years. One of my goals in life was to become a citizen of this country. Thanks to God, after these 35 years, I achieved this goal. And, I am in the ADP's Worker Center/Casa Obrera (the Alliance to Develop Power) fighting for a better future. I was one of a group of 300 new members who went to City Hall to vote. I feel proud. I brought the pamphlet telling me where I needed to go to vote. I think that my story has been perfect for this election. The candidates want change and I am a person of change. You have to fight for this (the flag). We are going to vote for change.

Camera Person: "Well done, Ricardo. And what is a specific change that you all hope to see?"

Ricardo: "Well, some of the changes would be in healthcare, education and bringing home the troops, no more wars or investment in Wars both here and in Latin America.

These are some of the reasons why we have been campaigning to get out the vote. We have called 5,000 people, urging them to vote. We have invited people over the phone to come to the polls. Our campaign has been successful. And all of these achievements are with one sole purpose: change.

No comments: